Colorado Springs was ranked #1 for the Best Big City for First Time Home buyers by WalletHub® for 2015. Big Cities are classified as having 300,000 people or more. Colorado Springs was ranked #15 for All Cities for First Time Home Buyers which includes small, medium, and large (big) cities. WalletHub® indicated that they used 3 key dimensions with 18 relevant metrics in determining the Best Big City for First Time Home Buyers ranking.
What might be even more impressive is that Colorado Springs was ranked #3 for Best Big City to Live in. Colorado Springs also ranked very well in many other categories. See more rankings summarized below or visit WalletHub.com for more details.
As a REALTOR® and Resident, I am not surprised at these rankings in that I have lived in many parts of the country and have seen most of the U.S. throughout my lifetime. Comparatively Colorado Springs is a great place to live and raise a family. I am now 44 years of age and have lived here longer than anywhere else. I have lived here with my wife for 15 years and we have two children in elementary school. If you are looking for a Bigger City to live in but want a great environment for your kids to be raised, I couldn’t recommend a better city in the U.S. It’s great to see various surveys supporting what I have thought for many years living here.
Colorado Springs Rankings:
- First Time Home Buyers: Rank 1
- Large City to Live in: Rank 3
- Pet Environment: Rank 3
- Most Educated: Rank 5
- Driving: Rank 8
- Families: Rank 9
- Recreation: Rank 22
I don’t really get the #22 ranking for Recreation. If you are Active and take advantage of getting outdoors and visit the mountains than it is a tremendous place for Recreation. Denver was ranked #10 and it is only 40 miles north so the really Big City recreation items are there. So if it is City Recreation, then yes maybe #22 is a reasonable ranking for Colorado Springs.
Notable State of Colorado Rankings:
- Best State School System: Rank 2
- Most Politically Engaged State: Rank 2
Map of the Best Big Cities for First Time Home Buyers:
Broker, Owner, REALTOR®
Wish Property Group, Inc.®
If you are an Experienced or First Time Home Buyer, try searching homes on this site, Our site is better than Zillow.
- This site filters out under contract and unavailable properties so you don’t waste your time, Zillow does not.
- This site has Localized pre-formatted searches like by neighborhood, community, zip code, and school districts.
- This site is actually integrated with Zillow. We take the best of Zillow by having the Zestimates and Rent Zestimates that people love.
- This site is integrated with the local Pikes Peak MLS so all properties from the entire MLS are available here.
If you are specifically a First Time Home Buyer visit our “Wish To Own” Home Buyer Program to learn more about buying a home.